Friday 14 February 2014

Production Ideas

Due to my research investigation being based upon action films my production section will revolve around action. I can either produce a DVD cover where I will have to produce a front, back and spine to it or I can produce an advertisement which shall be a layout for a billboard as an example.

Film Posters that I can look at:

  • Salt - Salt was one of my texts for the Research Investigation so I've learnt a lot about the film. Looking at the movie poster that advertised this movie it is very simple but eye catching and effective. The colour palette that has been used is very simple with the most common colour being black. They have used a close up of Angelina Jolie's face which gives a very intense feel as she is looking directly at the viewer. The title of the film is in a simplistic font that is placed over the subjects face. By keeping it simple is allows the subject to still be the focal point of the image as it frames her eyes which are very intense. 
  • The Hunger Games - The Hunger Games was my other text for my Research Investigation so I've researched a lot about it. There were many different posters created for the advertisement of the film and referring to the selection of posters, fire was a key element of the posters, this refers back to the film as Katniss is labelled as the 'Girl on Fire' throughout the film and is a key recognition symbol of Katniss. Looking at one specific poster there are a selection of different still elements from scenes of the film. For the bigger picture we see the what the location of the Tributes Parade, toward the beginning of the film, you can see the stands with the audience watching and the television screens which show the tributes but on this poster there are stills of Katniss and Peeta during training. Katniss is then stood in the centre of the poster with her back facing the viewer and she is wearing the outfit we see when they are in the arena. All these different elements from the film are all key aspects of Katniss' character which develops through the film and we are presented these purposefully to understand Katniss as a character.
As both of my texts used for my written study both used females I will be using females for my production piece to help link back to the first piece of work. When producing my three posters I shall be using the same film title that I've thought up and shall be developing three different interpretations of the film title.



No comments:

Post a Comment