Wednesday 26 February 2014

Ideas for my Production

For my production part of the coursework I will be producing three film posters. I think I'm going to base them all around the same film title and create three different posters for the same film title. I've had a few ideas as for what I can produce for my posters, my ideas consist of:
  • I could photograph a single female lead to represent the protagonist. I really like the layout for the Salt film poster and I was thinking of using that as a template for my own work. I want to keep the colour palette simple; the colours I had in mind to use were black, white and red. The black and white help to keep it simplistic yet adding red into it will make it more intense and eye catching which will help to portray the genre on which I am focusing upon. 
  • I was also thinking that I could produce the three posters with three different models as the three protagonists of the film. Again the colour palette would be the same as before because I think that could work well and it would keep the poster simple yet eye catching with the boldness of the colour red in comparison to black and white. 

After looking into more film posters, red and orange seem to be very popular colours for these genre of film. The coloured itself and indicate energy, passion and action which all link well with genre action, once connotation itself being action. The colour orange has connotations of adventure and social communication, these we see a lot through action films. Another the use of the colour orange through actions films is that it associates with fire which is a large motif through action films.

No comments:

Post a Comment