Monday 10 March 2014

Fonts and Titles

Looking at action film posters online; specifically looking at the types of font they use, they are all very simple with a tendency of not using anything fancy. Linking back to the texts I used for my written study the fonts they have used are very simple without distracting away from the story of the poster. Some posters may use different fonts for different sections of text on a poster; they can use a text just for the title and then have another text for the additional information that is on a poster, such as, actors, directors, editors, and any other credit to people who worked on the project, plus they will usually have a release date or a seasonal release date, for example, Summer 2014.

When I was choosing my fonts I used a website called, dafont, which has a wide variety of different texts. When finding different fonts I had to rule out my personal preference and chose something that I thought fitted what I was doing more than what I liked myself. I came across a few different fonts that I thought would be suitable for my poster. I chose three different texts, two of which can be used for the title and then I chose one that can be used for all the additional information including dates and so on. All three fonts can be used for the posters as they are simplistic and not very fancy but well fitting for the action genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment